Model Railroader Article

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Mar 8 21:50:36 EDT 2020

Clive, if you made reservations for the DP PA (the VGN 4-6-2; not the
Alco passenger diesel), please confirm or contradict my recollections.
DP wanted something like 30 reservations, and the expected price was
in the ball park of $1,700.  ???  I must confess that, given all the
givens, I don't think that there were 30 of us who were about to pay
$1,700 for a Pacific 10 years ago.  And my decreasing memory says that
the three car passenger set would have come in at around $900.

And, yes, over the last 40 years we have been blessed with a
surprising abundance of VGN motive power.  If memory serves when I got
back in the hobby in 1969 there was not one correct Virginian steam
nor electric locomotive.

There is a possibility that review and discussion of Virginian
locomotives might occur at the Virginian Interest Group meeting at the
convention in June.

Frank Bongiovanni