Brass Surrogates; VGN PA

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Nov 4 18:40:20 EST 2019

I picked up a new Baltimore and Ohio 4-6-2 from Bachmann that includes sound. It looked like it was close for a lot of PA details, including the high headlight and bell on the boiler. I’m hoping to rework the front of the cab so it slopes, then cut down and kitbash the tender. There are a few other details I hope to fix. If I ever get the time to work on it, I’ll share photos.

I also picked up a New York Central of the same engine to maybe convert to a N&W passenger engine. It has the headlight in the center and the bell on the front of the smoke box.  I can use one of the Bachmann N&W auxiliary tenders to kitbash back to a tender for it. It won’t work for the existing #578, but there were others that it can mimic. We’ll see how it goes.

Phil Miller