More Virginian questions about passenger service

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Nov 4 10:43:57 EST 2019

About the BA's - the 'Berkshires' were developed in the late 1920's and proved to be far better performers in freight service than the Mikados which preceded them.  Virginian passenger trains were relatively short and lightweight, operating on a railroad with light grades.  The HP potential of the BA's would have been wasted on VGN passenger trains - three driving axles were enough.
Jerome Crosson;  NWHS in St. Peters MO.