The Cavalier Drumhead (Rear Tail Sign)

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Oct 23 08:37:41 EDT 2019

Bill

To the best of my knowledge, the Cavalier nor the Pocahontas carried a drum head in regular service. Discounting the Southern trains, Birmingham Special, Memphis Special, Pelican, only the Powhatan Arrow with new equipment carried any kind of drum head.

The Cavalier and Pocahontas both had cars switched in and out during their route during the heyday, and that means moving a drumhead around a lot.

I don’t know where Tomar came up with that design, it has nothing to do with anything I’ve seen documentation on N&W.

Ken Miller