EXTERNAL: Virginian Crazies 2019 edition

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Oct 21 13:28:46 EDT 2019

For all you VGN Crazies who might be interested in what the portal of the Clark’s Gap tunnel might look like.  Can you imagine shoehorning opposing AE’s through this tunnel in the pre-electrification days?  Can you imagine being the crew of the 2nd AE helper following an AD through this tunnel, the other end of which was at the crest of a 14 mile long 2% uncompensated adverse grade (and with the rails in the tunnel always wet from condensation), at 7mph?  And, no, the tunnel was not vented.

Iron men, indeed.