2019 Convention Flyer and Registration

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Oct 4 14:52:12 EDT 2019

Athearn Genesis will be producing N&W ex-Wabash GP7s' in DC and Sound-DCC.
The Society will not be offering pre-Orders on these models so if you wish
to pre-order you need to look for a dealer that handles Athearn
pre-orders.  I did mine through Overland.  There are other good options out
there to pre-order through also.

http://www.athearn.com/newsletter/092719/02_GEN_GP7_092719.pdf

What Athearn is doing with these ex-Wabash GP7's by offering them in N&W is
a first.  Athearn Genesis in the past offered both Nickel Plate and Wabash
GP9's in freight and passenger versions as well as Wabash F7's   As with
these Wabash GP7's Athearn could easily offer these models in N&W by simply
painting them in N&W Blue.  The models features would be correct as the
locomotives were received by the N&W from the Nickel Plate and Wabash in
1964.  Likewise Walthers Proto is currently selling Nickel Plate SD9's and
in the past have produced Wabash F7's.  As with the Athearn Genesis models
these models could also be painted N&W blue to properly represent N&W SD9's
and F7's.  I'm going to be in contact with Athearn and Walthers asking them
to paint and release their NKP and WAB GP9''s, F7's, and SD9's in N&W.
Anyone else that would like to see these models available in N&W could be
of assistance by independently contacting Athearn also asking them to
produce these models in N&W.
Ed Painter - Member #70 modeling the N&W (and Southern) from 1961 to
1982.....living in Cohutta, GA from Narrows, VA