Replacing caboose roofwalks

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Aug 27 14:31:46 EDT 2019

I want to replace the solid roofwalks on my older brass, some of which are
factory painted.  Kadee makes the best on the market, IMO.  The caboose
walks and platforms are wider than Kadee's freight parts so I'm not sure if
these are suitable.  I'm after the see-through appearance.

I was thinking about running a razor saw under the walkways to cut thru the
solder joints and, since I'm repainting the roofs anyway, shallow scratches
won't matter.  Do y'all have another suggestion?

Jim King

http://smokymountainmodelworks.com/