Elderly metal kits

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Aug 5 07:15:41 EDT 2019

All:
I bought a 'pig in a poke' kit on eBay. It was listed as a derrick on
flatcar. It came with a new Tichy (Gould) tank car kit - which helped
justify the purchase. The derrick kit was made by Huntingdon Model Works,
Huntingdon, PA. Now that I have it, I've discovered it's more than the
Athearn style derrick. It has a vertical boiler! It does not have
instructions! Does anyone know who, if anyone, ended up with Huntingdon's
tooling? I must say the castings are not bad quality wise and in good
condition. Possible companies that may have bought the tooling: Bathgate,
Alexander, Alloy Forms, A-C Models, Durango Press, MDC. Any suggestion
appreciated.