Steam Decals

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Jul 18 08:38:23 EDT 2019

Re: N&W steam decals:
Microscale makes Liquid Decal Film #MI-12.  I use it on every Microscale decal, even new ones because you don't know how long they have been in someone's stock.  It works like this:  Using a fine brush, brush it across only the area you intend to cut out of the sheet. It looks scary at first because you see what looks like a thick blob on the decal.  Pull the brush across the decal one time only. In a minute or two the solvent evaporates and dries completely smooth and flat. I have used it on decals several years old.  Its use is not limited to Microscale decals.  There is a complete explanation on Microscale's website.  Their N&W steam set is in inventory as well.  I don't know of any other manufacturer making N&W steam decals at this time.

--Rick Morrison