EXTERNAL: Re: Norfolk & Western 1954 Boat Roster

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Apr 19 12:06:27 EDT 2019

It’s not surprising that the Coe’s “pin up” photos were in NY harbor. She was built by the now – defunct Jakobson Shipyard located in Oyster Bay, NY, on the north shore of Long Island. Jakobson seems to have specialized in tug boats and the Coe was Jakobson’s hull number 372. Some more information on Jakobson here:

http://shipbuildinghistory.com/shipyards/small/jakobson.htm

Rob Doorack