Norfolk & Western 1954 Boat Roster

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Apr 18 15:56:32 EDT 2019

N & W definitely owned one tug boat, but not in the time frame you're
modeling. Virginian owned one tug, the "W. R. Coe", built in 1957. N&W
acquired her with the VGN merger in '59 and renamed her "R. B. Claytor." N&W
sold the tug in 1970. Amazingly, the tug was still in service as late as
2016 for a marine construction company in Long Island. Some information on
her history is here:

http://www.tugboatinformation.com/tug.cfm?id=2819

Rob Doorack