DP Blues

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Apr 17 09:48:52 EDT 2019

Bill,
So sad we lost out on the PA. I was really looking forward to adding that one to my growing Virginian roster!
It seems that the brass, plastic and book companies list things without actually seeking buyers. Just putting it out there on their web sites often misses many potential buyers. I'm not very computer savvy, as are many others, and don't go seeking announcements constantly. With the lack of normal hobby shops sometimes getting the word isn't easy. A lot of modelers I've known don't belong to the various groups and so the information isn't readily available like it was in the past.
I'm a brass person doing lots of buying, selling and painting and even I get squeamish at the newer prices. I've always been fortunate in that I have the free cash to buy most of what I see and want. I could afford an $841 piece of rolling stock if I wanted to but I just don't want to concentrate my money on a 5-10 car passenger train. I'm not a huge passenger train freak and personally not interested in full interiors and lighting in them either. That's just me. Others like all that stuff.
Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works