Union Terminal Imports Pulman 10-6 Sleeping Car Project

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Apr 16 14:40:49 EDT 2019

Years ago, when my tastes were much less refined and my naivete was off the
scale, I bought the West Side set in N&W colors.  I *think* the Key and
Sunset sets *may* be descendents of that; those who know for sure please
correct me as needed.

Anyway, I soon enough realized the error of my ways, and all but the coach
have long since been stripped and primed, eventually to become "home road"
cars.  Since then I have found out that those cars are actually
correct(ish) for one incarnation of the GN Empire Builder.  At a distance
of six to ten feet if you don't look too carefully, the coaches (with
41HR11 trucks with piston snubbers, i.e. NOT the Walthers version) look
sort of maybe ok for a PH coach.

I did not long ago happen across an Overland P3 for a reasonable price, and
snatched it up.  Otherwise MTH cars fill the bill for me.

Great discussion, thanks to all who have contributed.

Dave Phelps