HO steam details

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Feb 23 14:35:36 EST 2019

I am looking for advice on detailing N&W HO scale steam engines.  Some parts are both easy to identify and find in catalogs, such as the low water alarm (Cal-Scale 333), dual side mount air pumps (Cal-Scale 334), and a variety of feedwater heaters from Cal-Scale, Cary, and Bowser.  But there are a couple of parts I haven't found a commercially available part for yet.  The first is the steam boiler inspection hatch mounted on the upper side of the boiler on most of the modern steam engines.  It looks like a small steam  dome, but most domes I see available look larger or taller.  The other is the turret for Y5's and Y6's.  Most of the turrets I see available for sale look smaller with more exposed valves.  Was this a matter of N&W just putting a cover over a conventional looking turret?

Marty Flick