EXTERNAL: RE: Bored with steam

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Feb 22 23:17:20 EST 2019

Erik: I have been a brass dealer since 1973, and a lot has gone thru my
hands.

The main problem with  modeling discussions is that there are those in the
minority that has the dollars, skills, time etc. We are not the majority.

That is why massed produced models are made - for the majority.

We are the exception! I am talking about the majority here!

As your comment about the Jawn Henry. The Alco model is a very poor runner
and there are several articles on how to replace the drive. Did you add the
one pound of weight that is recommended?

Did your Alco model come with the copy of the actual locomotive manual?

I have been on the inside of the brass market for years and owned over 300+
models (every piece that was ever made known and unknown).  How many N&W V1s
have you seen?

I am very experienced with the secondary  market and repowered and repaired
many.

As for plastic or brass there will always be fobbies produced.

Stephen Rineair