Sound decoder question

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jan 30 17:41:51 EST 2019

Jim,

The CVP system works well with all sound systems, I have Soundtrax and Loksound and they work great. If you will be using battery system you will need one T5000 throttle. The G2 base will support the T 5000 but most operators prefer the T1300 operators throttles. I use 8 grade one throttles and 8 grade 2 throttles with the proper base units.

I have used the older TSU steam decoders with great success. I have upgraded to Econami 100 now 200 with some cool results, the wheel slip function when switching is just over the top. The reviews of the new TSU version for steam are coming in with great results. I have not installed one as of yet.

The Lok sound in the PCM Y6b is nicely done, but I have done a couple them with Ecomani to get the wheel slip function.

If you have any questions you can contact me off line if you wish for more info.

Mike Ritschdorff nwpoca at hotmail.com