Coal operations

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Oct 29 21:29:52 EDT 2018

Does anyone have a coal operating layout that does more than haul coal drags?  I try to envision running mine runs with a group of people and I can come up with only one person pulling a train of empties up the branch. I don’t have room for more than one branch. So I’m the one person but I want to have people over to share the fun. Some do a great job of hauling coal but I think there may be compromises on pure N&W described in books and these lists with the desire to have friends over. Modelling is full of compromises, of course. How have others modeled coal mining operations? ie picking up loads and dropping empties...etcThank you,

Mike Shockley