Fwd: N&W scratch-built hopper cars, 1938

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Oct 24 18:09:39 EDT 2018

Good timing on this article, Frank.  I just finished reading through my father's set of 1937 magazines - one of which had a long article about model railroading in general (including a rough description of the building materials for the hopper - tin cans were involved).  The point of that article was to drum up interest in creating model railroading clubs within the N&W "Family" (clubs are discussed relatively often - previous years talked about radio and photography clubs).

That article mentioned that there would be more on this topic in future issues - perhaps yours is that future article.