Update on the Springmill Depot preorder of N&W Caboose

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Jul 21 14:29:35 EDT 2018

Thanks, Jim.
We are in a new era of modeling. The facts are we generally are dealing in ways most of us don't particularly like or enjoy. We basically are forced to do pre-orders to get what we want and sometimes after long waits and delays face a cancellation of that project.
We also are in a time of limited production and it's very easy to fall through the cracks of orders getting messed up with a dealer and manufacturer/importer. I have lost a few brass engines that way. My dealer dropped the ball on one order and the other the importer cut my dealer short. Both times I was left with nothing.
This is a very frustrating time for us as importers, manufacturers and modelers and I doubt if it's going to get better.
I stand by my affirmation of the guys at SMD being top notch fellows. They are sticklers for accuracy and quality. I'm sure when the day comes everyone gets a CF, CG, etc in their hands they will be trying to keep from exploding! Until that day we all need to chill.
As a custom painter I will just keep searching for brass cabins, painting them and running what's available. I personally hate having to wait for things especially when it runs into several years. I just turned 68 so that isn't a good idea for me!
I still want an M-1 RPO  a Spectrum quality M or M-2 4-8-0 and a nice T-6. A modernized K-1 would certainly make me very happy too!
Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works