Simple compound decoder

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jul 4 07:08:41 EDT 2018

Mike, there are two articulated-related sound configurations in the WowSound decoder - neither are related to simple-compound transition:

- Articulation exhaust on/off (available through the audio-assist menu)
- Articulated exhaust slip rate

The second point allows the two engine’s exhaust to go in and out of sync (also a nice feature).  I suspect the “simpling” we heard in the video was the two engines syncing up.

A question for you old timers that is related to this topic: I assume that, once simpled, the exhaust of a compound articulated locomotive is synced with the low pressure engine?

And Jim K - with the proper electronics I can make my 2-8-2 sound like an articulated locomotive - heck, even a diesel!

Matt Goodman
Columbus Ohio US.