Redbird

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jul 3 17:13:09 EDT 2018

Larry,

It is a very simple install. Use a soundtrax mobile decoder that has the 9 pin jst plug. Carefully pull the wire harness off of the mobile decoder you may need to cut around some of the shrink wrap to get the plug out. Open the locomotive up and be very carefull of the many fragile detail parts as they may break off. (ask me how I know!) Pull the dummy plug out of the 9 pin jst holder and install the moblile decoder. You may have to pull the 8 pin dummy plug if so equipped. You can use any 9 pin decoder in the locomotive but it so much easier to speed match etc  if all of the decoders are the same

If you are in the Chicago metro area I can show you how to do it!

Mike Ritshdorff