Redbird and bluebird

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jul 3 16:27:33 EDT 2018

> On Jul 3, 2018, at 3:01 PM, NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org> wrote:
>
> To all:
> So what at the modeling options for kitbashing redbirds and bluebirds outside of buying the none available Athearn Genesis Reds and Blues?
> Does anyone on the NWHS modeling lists do this as a quasi business?
> Eric Raitch

The options as I see them and have planned for are to use a Proto 2000 GP20 chassis and sill.  Then add to it a Proto 2000 GP9III or GP18 hood and cab that matches the unit you choose.  While my model will be working a late 70’s to merger N&W/Southern layout it will more than likely be painted black with the large NW.  I plan on using Plano grilles on the long hood and Cannon fans.

James Wall
Rural Hall, NC