Rapido News 102 - All-New HO and N Models!

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Jun 30 08:43:16 EDT 2018

Ed / Jack

I realize that you are trying to save a few $$ by pre-ordering through a dealer, but that does not benefit the society in any way.  The NWHS (AFAIK) has to commit to Rapido for a significant number of units to get a good price so that the society can make money.  Buying the models may cost you additional money, but it raises money for OUR organization.  If NWHS purchases these units for resale and the members  go elsewhere, and they sit unsold, these projects may be seen as not worth the investment by the Board.

My indoor modeling is all N scale so most projects done by historical societies are not on my radar.

COHS advertised N scale box cars with Deco ends (diamond-dot). Intermountain cancelled the project after two years for lack of reservations.

Just my humble opinion.

Jim Stapleton
Purcellville VA
========