EXTERNAL: HO Herald King Hopper Decals

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jun 12 00:21:24 EDT 2018

Wow, Eric, thanks for the reply.

When I sent the original message to this group I also sent a message to
Herald King asking whether they had any in stock and if the decals I was
asking about were of the scheme I was looking for. After reading about
Herald King being unresponsive in the past and seeing their website was
not very helpful, I didn't expect much. However, I received a reply from
Herald King soon afterward. After a quick back and forth I was able to
order the quantity of decals I was looking for, so they're on the way.

I have used Highball Graphics decals in the past. They're excellent. I
use their ACI/Kar-Trak labels and COTS labels exclusively. The printing
is crisp and the lettering is legible. I would love to see more hazmat
placards from Highball. Theirs are the best.

I prepared a few different sets of decal artwork in the past, but I
printed them from AutoCAD directly to the decal paper. At this point
they've begun to fade (these were black lettered decals on clear paper),
so a replacement might be a good idea. I prepared a set for three
switchers that used to work a local mill, but Athearn ended up releasing
the model factory painted before I could build the model myself. I may
have to see what my options are for getting Corel. I'm curious if I can
import CAD artwork into Corel...

The artwork you've attached is impressive. Really stunning stuff. You've
certainly got me thinking about some of the things I've drawn in the
past that would work well as decals. I have a fertilizer plant that I
drew in AutoCAD complete with all the signage. A lot of that could be
easily printed by Highball.

Thanks for the information and inspiration, Eric.

Ryan Harris
Fort Worth, TX