Hopper peaked ends kit

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Feb 18 19:33:31 EST 2018

Don’t know if the heap shields at this link are correct or not.  Go to the bottom of the page at this link.

http://www.wrighttrak.com/page3.php?category=3&view=productListPage

All the best, mike garber

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Sunday, February 18, 2018, NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org> wrote:

IIRC these were offered in the old Model Die Casting (MDC)/Roundhouse line; I have some of their old 3-bay hoppers that were stenciled for N&W as Class H-2a; included with the kits was a sprue that had heap shields (a/k/a peaked ends) that were glued to the flat ends of the hopper.  MDC/Roundhouse was bought by Athearn; a quick search of the Athearn web site did not list these parts.

The two-bay hopper produced by Stewart, now Bowser, had the heap shields cast as part of the model, i.e., not an add on part.

I'm not aware of any other source for these parts.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD