P3 Coaches

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Feb 3 09:14:19 EST 2018

Dave

As far as I know, the emblem was in place on all of the coaches delivered in 1949. I seem to recall hearing of a date when the logo was no longer applied on repainting, but cannot find that reference, but it seems like it was about 1957. If I recall correctly, the 540 remained in red throughout its life, never being repainted to blue and restored to operation in 1981 for use behind 611. I believe I applied the Powhatan Arrow logos to all the original Arrow cars during a station stop in Roanoke during the excursion days.

Ken Miller