2018 Convention Update

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Dec 19 18:58:32 EST 2017

Season's Greetings to all,

  I thought it best to inform you of the latest convention updates as yours
truly will be taking break from all activities (except modeling!) during the
week of Christmas. Let's jump in.

.       We are currently working with Norfolk Southern to have the NS Lawmen
band perform at our meet and greet BBQ picnic on Thursday May 17th. I will
advise once the band has been secured.

.       The North Carolina Transportation Museum called me last week to
advise that they will be welcoming us with open arms as they will have a few
surprises that will debut at the opening of the convention. Although yours
truly is sworn to secrecy about the details, I can highly recommend that you
be in attendance.

.       As previously stated, Casey Thomason of Norfolk Southern will be
taking the lead on the Friday evening (May 18th) photo session. Casey and I
will be coordinating equipment placement for the photo session during the
first part of the year.

.       This Friday I will be visiting the folks at the North Carolina
Transportation Museum just to talk to the staff regarding the details that
have been confirmed thus far along with a few pending details.  Too, yours
truly will pay a visit to the Spencer, NC Police Department as part of the
process of obtaining a one-time beverage permit for our banquet.  We will
also discuss security needs as a few of our events will require such. I will
also pay a visit to our hotels ( Holiday Inn Express and Courtyard Marriott)
to see how many reservations have been made thus far. I do have the luxury
of adding rooms to the respective blocks until March 1, of 2018.

.       Off-site tours are currently in the planning stage. Current talks
are promising but I do not wish to present these details just yet as nothing
is 100% solid at the moment.  We will announce the tours next month.

.       We hope to have the convention registration form available at the
end of January 2018.

  That's all I have for now folks.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Regards,

Todd Arnett

Director, NWHS

2018 Convention Chairman