VGN EL-2B in O Scale

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Aug 31 07:31:15 EDT 2017

Steve,

I believe all four sets survived the merger.  At least some were used by N&W in the short time before the catenary came down and the ELC's were sold to New Haven.  At least one set was "broken up" and one unit was used as a pusher (at Whitethorn).  I'm pretty confident they were renumbered (adding 100 to the VGN number), but that's just the little numberboard.  They stayed in the Virginian lettering (unlike the one ELC that got repainted for the N&W)and were then scrapped.

Maybe Sunset is going to have different numberboards.

Or maybe they just are saying N&W had them for someone modeling 1960.

If they do some in N&W lettering we'll have a good laugh, but there may be some people who like "what if?" stuff.

Frank Bongiovanni

Sent from my iPad