Spring Mills Depot announces CF, CG, CH, C2, C-10, C-10a, C-30, and C-30a models at NWHS convention

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Jul 20 08:24:09 EDT 2017

Does SMD sell direct only?

Stephen Rineair

From: NW-Modeling-List [mailto:nw-modeling-list-bounces at nwhs.org] On Behalf
Of NW Modeling List
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 9:26 PM
To: nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Subject: Spring Mills Depot announces CF, CG, CH, C2, C-10, C-10a, C-30, and
C-30a models at NWHS convention

Given the recent postings regarding the desire for caboose models I'm
surprised someone has not mentioned the product announcement made at the
convention. Spring Mills Depot (SMD) announced they are going to produce
highly accurate HO models of the  CF, CG, CH, C2, C-10, C-10a, C-30, and
C-30a with paint ranging from as-built to the last N&W block letter scheme.
NWHS member Steve Smith and I have been working with this manufacturer for
around two years to get to this point, and Steve started the announcement
with a summary of the extensive effort that has gone into assembling
accurate prototype information. The inspiration for the work came from the
Bowers / Brewer caboose book, the rich set of available drawings in the
archives, and a personal desire on our part to have models available. SMD
plans on having the project details posted to their web site by the end of
this month. There will be LOTS of specific models to choose from including
most of the roads that obtained second hand N&W cabs. I'm not going to
pre-empt the formal product launch on the web site by going into more
details here so I encourage you to look for the product to go live on the
web soon. While you wait, go check out their B&O cab models, they are
stunning!

Fred Boettner