NW-Modeling-List Digest, Vol 170, Issue 2

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jul 11 15:30:46 EDT 2017

Eric

The extra $100K should cover an initial set of design changes, packaging, shipping and marketing costs.

In prior agreements where the Society has had created a custom run of a specific model, let's say the RFP E's, the society agreed to purchase 100 pieces of each of the two road numbers that Proto 2000 ran specifically for the society. P2K had already created all of the tooling for the E8 and all subsequent runs of alk roadnames were gravy for P2K. The Society sold each of the E8's at $100.00 ea, with a cost less than that, what I don’t remember exactly, so the society was able to make some money and provide goodies to the group.

I do know that the Society has done several runs of various classes of coal cars and paint schemes with a couple of different manufacturers and they have sold well.

Regards
Russ

Happy Connecting. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5