N&W gauge box car

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun May 7 09:01:21 EDT 2017

Good morning all:

Attached are two pictures of a N&W custom brass, painted N&W boxcar, class
B1.  The story goes someone in the USA commissioned the train to be made by
J&M. Don't know how many cars were made or when, nor do I know if all were
N&W. I do know there was a N&W locomotive.  This was acquired at a York, PA
auction about 10 years ago. The one car was out of an estate sale in PA. I
called One Gauge of America but they were going though an ownership change
and collapsed. Since One Gauge is in PA and they were having financial
problems I think they just unloaded their inventory. I also contacted J&M
in the U.K. via phone and email with no response. Recently I asked a friend
living in the U.K. to do the research. J&M changed hands 2-3 years ago so
there's probably no story to be had.

If anyone knows more about this car or others like it that were custom-made
in England, I'll welcome the information.

Best wishes for Spring,

Frank Scheer
f_scheer at yahoo.com

Moderator: