J 602 booster engine

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Mar 8 13:53:30 EST 2017

Trailing truck boosters never involved side rods. The only visible difference would be the steam line to the booster and the exhaust line from it, and it is possible that the J's streamlining hid them. However, as far as photos are concerned, the booster was removed fairly early, so later photos of 602 would show no difference.
Jim Nichols