55T Hopper Question

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jul 26 12:45:02 EDT 2016

Matt,

The Stewart/Bowser kits can be built into a very good representation of an
N&W HL (and an H9, too, with a bit of surgery), and there are a couple of
how-to articles about this kit in back issues of the Arrow.

For accurate 17" lettering, I think the Westerfield decal sets for the H1
hopper are very good.  These are sold separately from the kits as part
D1601 (
https://id18538.securedata.net/westerfieldmodels.com/merchantmanager/product_info.php?cPath=133_245&products_id=742).
I've used these for HL, H2 and H3 models, but you do have to splice in the
correct car numbers and dimensional data from your scrap bin.

Jim Laney
Seattle, WA