N&W model paints

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue May 31 23:49:50 EDT 2016

I use Pullman green on the trucks. It is close.(My father referred to the truck color as "olive drab.") I mix the roof color. Time was, I mixed Floquil's "roof brown" with black, but the later Floquil was not as brown as before. At any rate, I don't know where you would start with the paints available in today's market. Maybe boxcar red and black. I made the brown fairly dark because cinders and the lack of washing (of the roofs) made the roof color tend toward black over time. But a freshly painted roof was definitely dark brown. BTW: the lube data stenciled on the trucks was yellow (not white).
Jim Nichols