N&W 611 and other J Class Locomotive Cab Interiors

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Apr 8 16:23:22 EDT 2016

Ken: I will agree with you on gauge trim rings but not on all valve handles etc. I was under the impression that the throttle and reverse gear handles were just worn steel not chromed. Also the #26 brake system was added in 1982.  #611 along with #612 and #613 had a square  array of Ashton gauges that you noted. My first ride in the cab of #611 was in June 1959 from the station track at Norfolk out to the mainline switch and was in reverse.  In the excitement I easily missed some of the cab fittings. <g>   Harold