Can you ID this tender?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Mar 28 01:51:30 EDT 2016

This particular mod was not common. As a rule, N&W tenders tended to stay "as built" with the exception of the 22,000 gallon tenders. All the 22A, 22B and 22C were extensively modified (rebuilt) for higher capacity. The tenders of the 30 S1's were also modified for higher capacity. The mod in your picture would appear to be for increased coal capacity. I have seen pictures of a couple of Z's with similar 16k tenders, and the 2003 had an 18k (fishbelly) tender with the same mod of the coal bunker. But it was not common
Jim Nichols