Interior of Interlocking Towers

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Dec 21 18:40:44 EST 2015

I've found an interior photo (probably the late teens / early twenties) of the interior of IV tower in Circleville, Ohio that includes the "plant" along one side.  I don't recall if it contains any lever details. Circleville's tower looks identical to the reference photos for AMB - other than being shorter on the long side.  My assumption is that this is a common plan.  In any case, the interior photo may help if your era is close.
The photo can be found in two places; the North American Interlockings site that Jim mentioned, and the Virginia Tech digital collection.  The latter is the original, the former has been straightened up (teens camera men apparently have trouble setting up a level camera), and been made more "contrasty" at the expense of some external detail.
I've seen an interior shot of the same tower from the fifties where much of the interior window wall has been stuffed with period electronica; that later photo doesn't show the "plant" at all, so no telling if that part had undergone any changes. Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio