Ballast

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Dec 7 20:02:55 EST 2015

I agree with everyone on the natural stone.  I have also found that a lot of ballast listed as HO is still quite large.  I found this product:

http://www.sceneryexpress.com/50-BLENDED-BALLAST-25-LB-MEGA-SACK/productinfo/SE0360/ <http://www.sceneryexpress.com/50-BLENDED-BALLAST-25-LB-MEGA-SACK/productinfo/SE0360/>

I believe the color is close.  I got the 25 lb sack due to the size of my layout being 20 by 35.  I have looked at this ballast and size wise it is quite nice.  Haven’t started applying any yet as I am still checking track work and making final adjustments.  This company has a lot of products that are a better value than Woodland.  I am using their plaster cloth which nice and cheaper than Woodland with more per roll and good quality.

James Wall
Rural Hall, NC