sound decoder ?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Oct 30 07:49:05 EDT 2015

I concur with Nigel’s general approach.  But the opening of the speaker enclosure must be situated at, or at least aimed at, an opening in the model, like a hole through the stack, or the gearbox opening in the bottom of the boiler in a steam loco—or an open radiator opening, or the frame opening for one of the trucks in a diesel model.  Less obstruction between the speaker enclosure opening and the outside of the loco is better, in general—so the stack opening is less likely to be optimal than the gearbox opening in most HO models.  Less distance between speaker enclosure opening and the outside of the loco is also better, in general.

-Eric Bott