CF grab irons and brake rigging

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Sep 19 10:20:55 EDT 2015

Grab irons: I assume you would bend one the conventional way and then bend a second one with only one vertical member. Then you would have to join them together. In the past, this usually meant solder, but now ACC works just fine. Yes, it will be tedious.Brake gear: I'm not familiar with the Laser kit, so don't know what they have given you. I assume that the CF's were built with the old air brake where everything was in one unit. I also assume that later they were retrofitted with the more modern system where the cylinder, valve and tank were separate parts = but that's just my assumption. Anyway, I am sure they had air brakes. Maybe you can find some drawings in the society archives.
Jim Nichols