C425/C628 High Hoods

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Jul 11 22:15:05 EDT 2015

Hello, earlier I mentioned I was working to bring Triple Clasp Trucks to N scale via 3D printing with Cutting Edge Scale models.  A few days ago CESM released N&W C425 high hoods for N and I noticed it looked very close to the high hood found on C628s and C630s.

I was wondering aside from a few details, if the 425 hood could be used on 628s and 630s?  Also how close were the cabs on the 425 and the 628/630?  I know the 628/630 have a window offset but it the cab the same size or not?

Hopefully we can get an accurate conversion kit soon for the N&W Alcos.

-Thanks, Evan Miller