Model Reviews; VGN AG etc.

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Feb 6 15:44:23 EST 2015

When I was lucky enough to talk BLI into doing the "A" as their first
locomotive besides sending them the drawings I also went to every list I could
find and asked them to email BLI that they were interested! Now it worked
well  enough that they have not only done the "A" but the "Y" and the "J"
also. I  would love to see the "K's" in both versions. streamlined and not! This
way  they get 2 Locos out of one drive train! As long as BLI or for that
matter any  other company can see a profit they will produce product! Sure
they may not be  perfect but at the price point that BLI sells their locos
there is room for the  super detailers out there to make a number of different
variations! I find it  amazing how often Diesel Locos are cut in many
sections and converted into some  of the most obscure variants!
The pages of model railroad mags are full of conversion articles for
diesels not so many for steam. Maybe this will change now with the availability
of plastic models that can be more easily purchased!
Ray Russell Sr.

In a message dated 2/6/2015 1:58:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,