Fwd: Model Reviews

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Feb 1 08:59:19 EST 2015

____________________________________
 From: RRuss45826 at aol.com
To: nw-modeling-list at nwhs.or
Sent: 2/1/2015  8:57:05 A.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: Re: Model Reviews

Rogers comments did strike a chord with me. When BLI was first going into
business they announced the J as their first model. I sent the owner an
email  which was titled "Give me an "A" a "K" or a "Y" anything but another
"J"!!!  The letter went on to say that producing the "J" was like another
company  making another "F" unit. At that time we could by a J class in plastic or
 brass but any of the other three especially the "A" and "Y" class's were
basically only available in brass and very expensive or the Pizza Cutter
Rivarossi "Y6b"! After a couple more emails back and forth I contacted Jim
Gillum and he sent me all the drawings he could find of the "A" which I sent
to BLI. So now instead of a very Expensive over $2K brass piece out of reach
 by most of us I have a small fleet of them on my layout! Along with their
"Js"  and "Ys"!
Just can't talk them into doing a run of both Streamlined and standard
"Ks". Now if we all just started emailing BLI hint hint hint!! LOL Maybe they
would see enough interest!
Ray Russell Sr.

In a message dated 1/31/2015 5:51:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,