1776 question

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Sep 25 16:54:01 EDT 2014

My pleasure.......interestingly enough I have an Athearn "Ready-to Run" model of 1776 (an extremely good model for the money) and Athearn didn't do the cab and short hood roofs properly per the drawing.  They painted the roofs blue.  The long hood for all purposes is done correctly.  I did an internet search and found a nice set of pictures of Overland's beautiful, Ajin, Brass, factory painted, N&W 1776.........painted incorrectly just like the Athearn......... and I only paid $100 for my Athearn model!

Ed Painter - Born in Bluefield, from Narrows, VA living in Dahlonega,GA