1776 question

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Sep 24 16:39:24 EDT 2014

NW 1776 (N&W Drawing # 38-I-100 dated Feb 4, 1974) -  Looking from a 0 degrees angle at the top of the locomotive all the visible surfaces are black but in "Carbody Detail showing area of Roof to be Painted Black" there is a masking line around the entire top of the locomotive limiting/stopping the black at the upper edge of the 90 degree radius that transitions between the horizontal top of the locomotive to the vertical sides.  In other words when looking at the sides or ends of the locomotive from ground level you would not see the black roof....only the red or blue paint on the sides.

Ed Painter - Born in Bluefield, from Narrows, VA..........living in Dahlonega,GA