Ahearn SD40's

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Sep 14 18:13:19 EDT 2014

I will have to wait and see on this "new" tooling.  So far Athearn has not gotten the cab height corrrect on their high hood offerings.  So far, all of my GP40X, GP38-2, GP39X and GP50's in Southern have a cab height higher than the short or long hood.  While it is now off by much it is still not correct.  The GP40X was probably the closest, but was the oldest tooling and the short hood was 88" not 81".  I did a complete Cannon  conversion on it, cab and short hood.  Southern modelers have kept their fingers crossed but to no avail.  Athearn has been told of this issue at every release, but no changes.

James Wall
Rural Hall, NC