Mollies sound system?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Aug 24 09:30:56 EDT 2014

I asked tcs, but they were reluctant to tell me the exact sounds.  Trial
and error with a combination of looking up the parts.  The big ones like
bell, whistle, and air compressor are labeled, you can just select them.
They have the long bell and short bell whistle (select based on your time
period or model). The compressor is there.  For things like the rest
(breaks, firebox door, blower, injector, ... I made some guesses based on
videos of the M).

For the chuff, I think it is the medium.  That is based on guess, and a
conversation I had with them.  They have photos of the Penn 0-6-0 recording
that I think I'd their light.  The 2-8-4 is probably the heavy... Again
photo's.

For the cylinder cocks, I cannot really tell the difference between (I
think there is more than one).  This is probably the best feature of the
decoder, it sounds awesome.

An important thing to remember is that the decoder does allot with the
sound.  Make sure you do not make the volume to loud, as it has lots of
volume and intensity changes.  The chuff does not just get louder it
changes.  You do not want to saturate the speakers.  It is worth it to get
the sensitivity right to hear the sounds.

David