STATION COLORS

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Aug 22 13:35:54 EDT 2014

Jim is correct.

I don't have a date for a change over to the green and white, but I felt like it was late 1950s or early 1960s.

I believe the earliest scheme was a gray and dark red or black, then went to the dark red and cream, then in October 1947 was changed to the cream and brown, at least as an experiment with about 6-8 stations as I recall. There was also a version done at least to one station in June 1948 that appeared to be all white or cream.

There was still a later scheme, adopted just before NS of gray with black trim, and it was done on quite a few, ironically, not long before a number were torn down.

Ken Miller