Athearn GP 9

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Apr 17 20:45:41 EDT 2014

Harold

Contact me offline at rmgnw611 at msn.com

Regards
Russ

Sent from my Galaxy S®III

-------- Original message --------
From: NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org>
Date:17/04/2014 20:11 (GMT-05:00)
To: NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org>
Subject: Re: Athearn GP 9

Steve: I have not provided Athearn with any data regarding the redbird GP9s. I have provided Athearn with the modification to the GP9 freight locomotives on the engineer's side under the frame for the tool box that N&W retrofitted to its early GP9s and that was provided by EMD on all later GP9s. I have also furnished them with photos of N&W GP9's with the scotch-lite lettering and script N&W hearlds. In June of last year I talked to the Ahtearn rep at the NMRA national here in Altanta and got no response regarding when we could expect the N&W freight GP9s. After three years of discussion with Athearn to get a correct early N&W GP9 I have given up. If there are those out there that can get something out of Athearn go to it. Harold Davenport