17" hopper decals

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Feb 28 22:38:07 EST 2014

Unfortunately, the old Champ decal (no longer available from Champ) Is neither 17" nor 24" but somewhere in between, For a long time it was the best you could get, and I have a couple of sets I still intend to use, even though they are not quite right. Few of the commercial models have the N&W correctly scaled either (maybe they just copied Champ). Bowser's rendering of the leased PRR quads comes closest to the 17" lettering, BLI has the sizes correct, but applied the lettering too low on the car side.

Jim Nichols